We are looking for a dynamic Medical Office or Optometric Assistant to join our friendly team! If you have experienced in a health care setting, this is an exceptional opportunity to work closely with the Doctor of Optometry on the clinical side to provide in-depth patient care.
Come join our small, independent optometry practice in beautiful Vernon, BC! We provide caring, relationship-based eye care for the whole family.
Experience as a MOA or Optometric Assistant is valued but we are willing to provide training to those with other relevant work backgrounds.
work with our patients would include:
- taking patient history;
- preliminary testing including imaging, optical and vision measurements;
- exam room preparation and disinfection;
- assisting the optometrist with patient education and inter-professional communication.
- answering the telephone, booking appointments, scheduling referrals and managing recalls;
- maintaining safety protocols to prevent the spread of COVID19 and other infections;
- accurately recording personal data and communications for electronic medical records;
- confidential document management including scanning, record-keeping, and shredding;
- finalizing patient invoices and taking payments;
- preparing reports regarding use of products and services;
- purchasing clinical supplies;
- working closely with other team members to manage patient flow through the clinic;
- willing to cross-train to provide backup support to the optical team, including preliminary frame selection, adjustment and basic repairs.
on the team works daytime and Saturday hours.
are looking for someone who is:
- consistently cheerful, friendly, well-spoken and poised;
- dedicated to getting to know our new and returning families;
- sensitive and reassuring to those who are anxious during their visit;
- able to earn patients’ confidence and respect; and
- passionate about fulfilling our patients’ needs and expectations.
Is this your work style?
- professional, responsible and reliable;
- helpful, cooperative and diplomatic in a team setting;
- detail-oriented and conscientious;
- able to organize, multi-task and set priorities in a busy environment; and
- willing to learn continually and adapt to change.
of background, we are looking for an enthusiastic person with
interest in a long-term career. We support training for the Canadian
Certified Optometric Assistant Course for suitable candidates.
experience may include:
- technical and administrative support in health care field would be highly valued, including optometry, medical, and allied health.
Please apply with your resume in person or email firstname.lastname@example.org.