At Woodbine Optometry we are passionate about providing high quality patient and customer care. We are looking for an energetic optometric assistant who enjoys caring for and educating patients of all ages. At our office we strive for a positive work environment and are seeking an individual with strong teamwork and communication skills. Individuals who are relatively new to the industry are welcome to apply. Training will be provided to the right candidate.
Hours: Full time
Start date: August 2023
Experience: 1+ years preferred
- Diagnostic imaging such as retinal photography and OCT scanning
- Preparation of exam rooms
- Training patients to insert, remove and care for contact lenses.
- Reception duties such as scheduling appointments, processing private insurance billings, referrals to ophthalmologists, patient recalls
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, suppliers and general public.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Self motivated
- Passionate about providing compassionate care to patient of all ages
- Excellent at multitasking
- Enjoys learning and sharing knowledge with team members and patients
- Intermediate computer skills (Windows 10, email, LibreOffice or Microsoft Office)
We are committed to providing a positive work environment with opportunities for growth and learning. In addition, we offer employee and family health benefits, competitive wages and staff and family discounts. Hours of operation are from Monday to Saturday with 2-3 evenings per week.
Please send your resume to email@example.com and tell us why you are interested in joining out team!