Our mission is to provide clients with quality, personalized eye care to maximize their vision and protect their ocular health throughout all stages of life. If you enjoy working with people and having a job that includes a variety of tasks and learning opportunities, we look forward to receiving your application. We are a small group that needs help welcoming and guiding patients through our office. This will include serving patients, problem-solving, and multi-tasking.
To ensure a successful experience, you have the ability to be energetic in a busy environment, have strong interpersonal skills with a desire to learn. Our office is currently in a digital transition, so computer skills are essential for this position.
- Book and process appointments
- Manage and maintain clinic reception
- Receive patients and ensure their needs are met
- Manage clinic patient flow
- Receive incoming phone calls and process accordingly
- Process received product orders and manage stock
- Use the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) program to book appointments, collect payment, etc.
- Provide preliminary testing on automated machines and record results electronically
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve problems and collect / relay relevant information
- Must be able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Critical thinking skills and ability to learn new things
- Ability to work independently and within a team, effectively managing his or her own time
- Organizational, time management and communication (verbal, written, and listening) skills
- Fluency in English
- Possess a pleasant and professional demeanor
- Fluency in other languages
We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position; however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week