Our team is growing! We are looking for an Optometry Office Manager
About Us: At North Toronto Medical Optometry and Vision Care, our mission is to provide our patients with the highest possible standard of care. To do this, we use the latest diagnostic and treatment technologies to care for your eyes. We specialize in advanced solutions for dry eye, contact lenses, and myopia management, and aim to combine advanced medical eye care with personalized relationships in our bright and modern clinic. We are located at 4789 Yonge Street, Suite 505 North York, ON
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Primary objective is to support the doctors with providing excellent customer service, admin tasks, patient liaison, keeping them on schedule and clinic growth.
- Reception/Administration: Answer phones and email in a professional and warm manner, coordinating patient services, administrative task related to patient care, payment and scheduling.Managing faxes and booking new dry eye consults and treatments
- Medical Optometry Assistant for primary and specialty services: assist with pre-testing patients and patient education before and after assessment, help with patient preparation for specialty treatments.
- Provide exceptional patient-centred care and a positive customer experience Excellent telecommunication skills• Able to handle difficult people and situations calmly
- Work in a fast paced environment
- A desire to exceed expectations and goal oriented
- Punctual and professional
- Ability to multi-task, using time management, organizational and problem-solving skills to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer skills
- Ability to learn new software, majority of time will be on a desktop using applications and using high tech medical instruments- computer proficiency is an absolute must
- Accurate and fast typing skills needed for frequent data entry and scribing as doctors dictate
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
• 2 year minimum optometry/ophthalmology clinic management with pretest experience
• High School Diploma (minimum)-undergraduate degree in business admin preferred. A combination of education and experience is necessary.
• Fluent English
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate and thank all applicants interested in this position, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.