Lakeland Family Eyecare is seeking a new team member! No experience is required.
We are looking for a full time Optometric Assistant/Pretester. This position offers:
- Great Monday to Friday hours
- Competitive starting wage and bonuses with opportunity for advancement, health/dental benefits, paid vacation and sick days
- A great team with a positive work environment
- A career you will love
- On the job training and education including the Canadian Certified Optometric Assistant (CCOA) course which is paid for by Lakeland Family Eyecare
Roles and responsibilities of this position include:
· Perform preliminary testing before patients see the Optometrist
· Gather patient medical and vision history
· Deliver exceptional customer service
· Schedule appointments
· Medical billing
· General administrative tasks (faxing, photocopying, emailing)
Education and Requirements:
· No previous optical experience is required but CCOA certification or previous optical experience is great. We are ready and able to train and educate a suitable candidate that possesses the positive attitude and determination we're looking for.
An ideal candidate would have:
· A professional and positive attitude
· The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to work as a team
· Organizational skills
· Basic computer skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, please compose a short summary of why you are interested in our position and why you would make an amazing Optometric Assistant. Submit your summary with your resume to email@example.com, or come in to drop if off in person. You can also call us at 780-645-3790.