Crescent Heights Optometry is seeking a FULL-TIME Dispensing Optician to join our team!
- Greeting customers with a warm welcome;
- Booking appointments and checking in patients;
- Answering customer calls promptly;
- Recalling patients and confirming appointments;
- Invoicing patients and direct billing to Third Party providers;
- Assist patients with frame, lenses, and lens coating selection;
- Confident in explaining key features of lenses, frames, and the benefits of various lens coatings;
- Taking pupil and segment height measurements accurately without errors;
- Dispense, adjust and repair eyeglasses;
- Tracking job status with optical labs and ensuring timely turnaround times;
- Verify prescription eyeglasses and notify patients when their glasses are ready for pickup;
- Order contact lenses and notify patients when their contact lenses are ready for pickup;
- Troubleshoot patient concerns and ensure patient satisfaction;
- Contributing to store retail sales goals;
- Contact various frame representatives to choose and purchase the latest frame styles;
- Ideal candidates should enjoy learning about the newest features available in eyewear technologies and be able to accurately demonstrate this to our patients;
- Takes pride in-store appearance, shows initiative to keep the store clean, attractive & organized at all times;
- Monitor inventory: keeping contact lens trials and eye care products fully stocked at all times, rotating stock, and checking for expired products;
- Conduct optical pre-testing for the optometrists;
- Possesses the ability to multi-task, prioritize & manage time with competing priorities;
- Maintain cleaning schedules.
Qualifications / Assets:
- Candidates with a minimum of 2-year of dispensing experience are welcome to apply, optician license is not required;
- Familiarity with optical software;
- Experience with optical pre-testing would be considered an asset;
- Maintain regular, consistent, and professional attendance. Commitment and punctuality are essential to these positions;
- Clear and effective communication skills;
- Ability to build rapport with patients;
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and busy environment.
We look forward to hearing from you. We encourage all eligible applicants to apply.