RECEPTIONIST Optometry Clinic– Kitchener
Full time, temporary position
We are actively looking for a Receptionist to join our Visual Sense Eye Care team on a full-time basis 5 days per week. This is an 18-month long contract position covering a maternity/parental leave. The anticipated start date for this position is end of June or beginning of July, 2023 before the maternity leave commences for orientation.
As our office is soon expanding by adding an Associate Optometrist to our team, this position has the potential to continue permanently.
We are a family-focused Optometry office, passionate about providing comprehensive eye care to all ages, from babies through to the elderly, with emphasis on vision therapy and rehabilitation, concussion, pediatrics and low vision. Our receptionist is the primary contact for the clinic and is key to guiding the patient’s overall experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing exceptional patient-centred care and a positive customer experience.
- Providing a variety of administrative duties, including answering phones and email, coordinating patient services, handling referrals, sending reports, taking payments and other duties at the Doctor’s direction.
- Managing a schedule for Optometrists and the Vision Therapy Centre, including booking appointments.
- Working as a team player and collaborating with other staff members.
- Assisting with patient pre-testing (training will be provided).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, friendly and able to use diplomacy in dealing with patients, adaptable, approachable and willing to learn and take on new challenges.
- Able to multi-task using good time management, organizational and problem-solving skills to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective attention to detail and accuracy.
- Computer literate, including effective working skills of MS Word, excel and email.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in Reception - Prior experience in a medical or optometry office is an asset.
- Our weekly office hours are:
- Tuesdays 9:00 am – 5:30 pm
- Wednesdays 11:00 am – 7:30 pm
- Thursdays 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Fridays 9:00 am -5:00 pm
- Saturday 9:00 am -3:00 pm
Our employees enjoy:
- Competitive hourly wage
- Three weeks’ vacation
- Paid sick days
- Free parking
- A variety of ongoing training activities for personal and professional development.
- A positive and healthy work environment
- The opportunity to work with an amazing team!
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Visual Sense Eye Care is committed to equitable treatment of all individuals in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. We are committed to accommodating any individual needs in all employment practices. Please let us know if you require any accommodations to ensure that you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.
We appreciate that exploring a new career opportunity takes time so we thank all applicants for your interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.