Put away those high heels, and ties! Come work in the country with a great team and leave the pressure of the city behind!
Experienced Optician/eyewear consultant needed for our fun and friendly office to work 25-40 hours per week. We are a privately owned clinic, located in Langdon, an easy 20-minute drive from Calgary’s east side in a small but growing community of caring families.
We are looking for someone reliable with excellent customer service skills, a great sense of humor, and a desire to help people. You will work with a small team where each team member is indispensable!
Please email resume to email@example.com attn Hiring Manager
Expected duties and responsibilities.
· Greeting customers and patients in a professional manner with kindness and a warm welcome.
· Use your expertise to confidently assist and guide patients with frame and lens selection as well as lens coating and specialty lens options.
· Accurately taking fitting measurements using traditional dispensing methods.
· Dispense, adjust, and repair eyeglasses in a timely and professional manner.
· Verify prescription eyeglasses and notify patients when glasses are ready.
· Appropriately deal with patient concerns to the patient’s satisfaction and uphold clinic standards.
· Assist in contacting frame representatives and share input with regards to latest frame styles.
· Place and receive contact lens orders and notify patients when their contact lenses are ready
· Maintaining clean, well organized store front
· Clear, calm, and effective communications skills with the ability to multitask.
· Confidence providing input but also willing to learn new technologies and share ideas.
Experience with EMR would be beneficial but not required.
· Contact lens teaching would be an asset, but not required.
Our office is open 4 days per week with no late evenings and occasional Saturday shifts. (typically, one Saturday each month)
Salary is commiserative based on experience.