Overall compensation will depend on experience.
We are seeking a full-time Optician. New graduates are welcome to apply.
We are located in Walkerton, Ontario.
The opticians duties will include but not limited to:
- Fitting, adjustments, repairs, and dispensing as per specifications or prescription. Ensure all eyewear are of high quality and meets company and customer standards.
- Help with scheduling and conducting of patient sales appointments and pick up.
- Help patients by troubleshooting issues related to their glasses
- Submit insurance billing and related documents
- Track and verify all lab jobs to ensure patients get orders in a timely manner; Ensure patients are up to date on delayed job status
- Track supplier refunds/credits (i.e. Lab invoices and all supplier warranties)
- Cleaning/disinfecting frames and surfaces as needed as per Covid protocol
- perform periodic check on lab equipment and parts through regular maintenance checks and service
- Help with patient satisfaction/adaptation follow up calls
- Remain up to date on new trends, rules and/or regulations affecting optical businesses and willing to help with frame selection and change.
- Order, repair and dispense safety glasses.
- Other duties as assigned by the Doctor
What You must have:
- College education in opticianry is required
- Must possess Optician license in Ontario or be working towards it
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an optical environment; retail sales skills is a plus
- A professional, honest, and fun-loving positive attitude with a strong passion for delivering high quality customer service and achieving goals and targets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Interest and knowledge in current eyewear trends and a good eye for fashion
- Ability to stay calm when presented with challenging customers
- Strong multi-tasking, time management, and organizational skills
- Highly detail-oriented and able to learn and use new technologies
- Experience in insurance billing is an asset
- Must be available Monday – Friday from 8:30am – 5.00pm
How to apply:
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to apply for this position.
Additional Application Instructions
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to apply for this position. We appreciate all interest in the position, however, only those selected to move forward in the process will be contacted.
You are confident in your abilities, and willing to learn and grow further.
You have an adequate knowledge of frames, lenses (including contact lenses).
You love what you do.
You are a team player, friendly, organized and a problem solver.
You have experience repairing frames and lenses.