Binbrook Eye Care has been in the heart of Binbrook, Ontario for 10 years, and is an independent Optometry and Optical Services provider. We are looking for a full time senior Optician with lab experience (part time can be considered).
The Optician provides 5-star customer service by building rapport with customers, maintaining expert knowledge of eyewear and contact lenses, fitting and maintaining eyewear, and cutting lenses to fit frames.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Greets all customers and makes sure they are comfortable in our office, addressing immediate needs or questions.
- Custom fits glasses & accurately mounts lenses.
- Acts as a leader in optical knowledge
- Takes & records measurements, adjusts or fits eyewear correctly, thorough & exact in details; ensures finished eyewear meets standards & customer requirements.
- Attracts new customers.
- Explores the needs & priorities of customers by asking open ended questions.
- Is attentive to details, asks follow up questions for clarity, reads verbal/non-verbal cues; reviews prescriptions & identifies special needs, consults with Optician as needed.
- Assists co-workers with difficult or complex areas of product needs & prescriptions.
- Performs work accurately & thoroughly utilizing all technology despite time pressure & customer volume. Demonstrates superior product knowledge; takes the initiative to accurately describe the features & benefits of various lenses & frames using appropriate tools. Reinforces customers’ final selection.
- Anticipates problems; explores underlying reasons for customer issues; strives to develop long-term solutions to problems & ensures customers are satisfied & expectations are exceeded. Acts quickly for resolution. Partners with management as necessary.
- Possesses the ability to multi-task, prioritize & manage time with competing priorities.
- Commits to delivery date & time, seeks feedback & asks for referrals.
- Presents, celebrates & educates at pick up.
- Takes pride in store appearance, shows initiative to keep store clean, attractive & organized. Secures & protects company assets in your control.
- Additional duties may be assigned as needed
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Licensed Optician
- Optical dispensing experience
- Strong customer service skills: communicator, listener & team builder
- Knowledge of current store merchandise
- Strong basic math skills
- Awareness of current fashion trends
- Open to new technology
- Previous customer service & retail experience
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Salary: $29.00-$35.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Store discount
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Binbrook, ON L0R 1C0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-08-15