We are currently seeking an Optometric Assistant to join our team. Part-time position (25-30 hours per week - no weekends) available at busy 2 optometrist practice in Burlington.
Responsibilities will include reception duties - appointment scheduling, filing, faxing, handling referrals and pretesting (autorefractor, NCT and lensometry) as well as visual field testing, OCT and retinal imaging. Previous experience in an optometric or medical office is preferred, however, we are willing to train a mature, enthusiastic individual who is willing and able to learn in a fast-paced environment. Excellent customer service and communication skills and attention to detail and accuracy are important in this position. The successful candidate will be dependable and flexible to accommodate changes in schedule and responsibilities.
We follow COVID procedures to keep our workplace safe - all staff and patients are required to wear masks.
- Minimum of one year experience in optometry preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with patients and other staff members in a professional manner.
- Ability to multitask and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Please note: this position is not suitable for students.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply with resume and cover letter indicating your availability.