Maple Ridge Eye Care - Optometrists is looking for an enthusiastic, professional team leader who would love to work in a team-environment focused on providing excellence in patient care. We are a busy, established optometric practice in Maple Ridge dedicated to delivering comprehensive eye health care for the entire family, with an emphasis on quality eyewear and superior customer service.
We are looking for a professional, detail-oriented and structured manager who is motivated and works well independently. The role of Office Manager is pivotal to our growing business, and we are seeking someone who will complement our team of caring professionals in delivering the highest level of customer service.
The Office Manager reports to the leadership team (owners/optometrists), and is responsible for ensuring effective daily operations and maintenance of the business. They will be expected to plan and execute the day-to-day operations and activities of the medical clinic, dispensary and lab. They will also support organizational business plans and visions, by implementing, monitoring or otherwise delegating programs as directed by the leadership team.
- Competitive Salary (information available upon request)
- Comprehensive health benefits plan including life insurance, dental, medical
- Vision Benefits
- RRSP program
- Continuing Education available
- Paid Vacation
- Organize office operations and procedures to support and contribute to the practice’s annual business plan and long-term strategy.
- Responsible for onboarding new employees, including processing hiring paperwork, providing training documentation and enrolling new employees in required software systems.
- Manage employee schedules, time off/vacation requests, sick days, timesheets, employee benefits and associated reports.
- Serve as the escalation point for all patient complaints and work with both patients and staff to solve customer service concerns.
- Monitor employee performance including performance measurements, evaluations and setting agreed upon non-negotiable standards including a customer service program for patient retention.
- Establish a communication strategy for the improvement and awareness of quality issues across all departments.
- Plan, budget, forecast and report on sales including cost of goods and key revenue indicator targets and results.
- Oversee and delegate responsibility for all practice departments including optometry clinic, pre-testing, optical dispensary, optical lab, accounting, reception, IT and purchasing.
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees, coaching, counselling, disciplining and managing internal conflict as needed.
- Update/edit/manage written employee policies.
- Seek and continuously keep informed on industry trends, new developments and knowledge about competitor activity, pricing, tactics and communicate to relevant departments of the practice.
- Experience from optical or medical office is an asset
- Strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Minimum 2 years experience in a leadership or coaching role
- General computer knowledge including Microsoft Office