We are searching for an energetic, detail oriented, self starter to join our Optometry team.
Our ideal candidate posses a willingness to learn, eagerly provides top notch patient care, strong organizational skills, problem solving abilities in addition to being detail oriented, self aware and the ability to create a welcoming environment. Being able to engage with patients to answer questions and to create a positive patient experience is a must!
We are looking for an Optometric Assistant who will be taking case histories, performing ocular imaging along with checking in patients, answering telephone calls and questions, booking appointments, taking payments and assisting with frame and lens selections.
Experience in optometry is an asset but complete on-site training will be provided.
- Greeting and preparing patients for their examination with a Doctor
- Performing basic tests and measurements
- Scheduling appointments and maintaining accurate patient records
- OHIP, patient and third party insurance billing
- Assisting and educating patients throughout lens and frame selections
- Ensuring accurate measurements of lenses and frames, providing the best final product
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong language and communication skills - including spelling, grammar and the ability to effectively communicate with patients and team members
- Self starter who displays initiative and follow through
- Ability to think critically and problem solve is imperative while multitasking
- Strong attention to detail
- A competitive wage
- Vision benefits
- Health and Dental Benefits (after a waiting period)
- Excellent hours - no weekends
- Possibility for CCOA certification