Shamir Canada Optical Inc. is a national premium lens and coating manufacturer that has established itself as a company known worldwide for innovation, revolutionary technology, and stringent quality assurance practices. Shamir provides the optical industry with high quality, cutting-edge lens technologies and coatings.
We are looking for a seasoned expert to join the Shamir team as Vice President of Sales and Marketing. In this new role, our ideal candidate must have proven leadership skills and experience in the Optical industry managing a sales team at the national level coupled with experience building national marketing campaigns from concept to strategic execution. Please note that this a remote role, requiring frequent travel (up to 50%) across Canada.
Reporting to the President/CEO, the VP Sales & Marketing determines the course, develops the vision, and implements the plan that will move Shamir toward an increased market share and greater brand recognition. As a strategic thinker with proven leadership, the incumbent is also responsible for overseeing and directing the sales team to meet or exceed sales revenue targets and contribute to the overall profitability of Shamir Canada.
- Develops annual marketing and sales plans based on research and company goals.
- Works closely with Regional Managers to execute sales and marketing plans.
- Coordinates and optimizes national and regional sales strategies.
- Prospects business partners and develops relationships with industry leaders and buying groups.
- Establishes clear sales metrics and benchmarks for measuring progress.
- Develops a strong national sales team: Provides leadership, direction, and management to the sales team. Ability to leverage existing relationships with industry sales executives to further expand sales team.
- Maintains knowledge of products, market conditions, competition and industry trends through networking, training sessions and vendor meetings.
- Actively participates in business activities such as trade shows, seminars, and conferences representing company products and services.
- Develops relationships and works with global marketing resources at the HQ level related to new product launches, future innovations, marketing strategies, etc.
- Utilizes sales management tools, such as Salesforce.
- Experience building national marketing campaigns from concept to strategic execution
- Previous optical industry experience managing a sales team at the national level
- Skilled in managing premium brands and building relationships with eyecare professionals at the premium to luxury brand levels
- Strong contacts with other sales reps nationally and within the optical industry to help with the recruiting process
- Proficiency in optical product channel a requirement. Lens experience preferred. Frame, contact lens or other industry channel experience acceptable
- Advanced leadership and interpersonal skills
- Technical expertise and experience implementing and utilizing CRM software
- Strong computer and communication skills (written, verbal)
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Bilingualism (French/English) an asset
- College/University degree or diploma in business, marketing, or an industry relevant field
- Must have the ability/willingness to travel across Canada – Frequent travel required (up to 50%)
What Shamir Offers:
- Competitive guaranteed wage plus sales bonuses/commissions
- Company cell phone
- Car allowance
- Comprehensive group benefit plan including discount prescription lenses
- Employee stock purchase plan
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities. Please include your request with your application.