We are a full scope optometry office who is looking for an energetic, quick learning individual to join us! Preference will be given to licensed opticians or optometric assistants. Do you have an eye for fashion, attention to detail and love working with a team? You may be the person that we are looking for! The successful candidate should possess strong people skills, be well organized and able to multitask in a busy environment. We are looking for someone with strong technical knowledge of the latest frames and lenses, who knows current fashion trends, can think on the fly and has good trouble shooting skills. Responsibilities include retail sales, frame inventory management and contact lens training. This is a full time position consisting of 32 to 40 hours per week with some evening shifts. We take pride in providing quality eyewear products and our goal is to create loyal patients by providing excellent service.
Please send cover letter and resume, or better yet, drop it off in person (we would really like to meet you) at EyeCare Niagara – 318 Ontario St., Unit 11A, St. Catharines.
Examples of skills and qualities that we are looking for:
- Friendly and outgoing
- Contact lens training & fitting
- well organized, able to manage workload
- Strong people skills
- Strong technical knowledge –current lens and frame knowledge, current fashion trends, trouble shooting skills
- Fashionable, we want our patients to look good in their glasses!
- Able to create loyal customers by Providing excellent service
- Willingness to help out in all areas of office (any part of our team) when necessary
- Frame repairs and adjustments, ordering, quality control
- Interpret written prescriptions
- Selection of frames and lenses, educate patients about lenses, coatings and frame designs best suited for each person
- Taking proper dispensing measurements such as PD’s, pantoscopic tilt, optical centers, segment heights and frame wrap
- Verifying spectacle orders and lensometry
- Able to multitask in busy environment
- Preference given to 1 year experience