Our mission is to provide clients with quality, personalized eye care to maximize their vision and protect their ocular health throughout all stages of life. If you enjoy working with people and having a job that includes a variety tasks and learning opportunities, we look forward to receiving your application. We are a small group that needs help welcoming and guiding patients through our office. This will include serving patients, problem-solving, and multi-tasking.
To ensure a successful experience, you have the ability to be energetic in a busy environment, have strong interpersonal skills with a desire to learn. Our office is currently in a digital transition, so excellent computer skills are ideal for this position.
- Place spectacle and contact lens orders
- Assist patients with frame selection and spectacle dispensing
- Book and process appointments
- Manage and maintain clinic reception
- Receive patients and ensure their needs are met
- Manage clinic patient flow
- Receive incoming phone calls and process accordingly
- Process received product orders and manage stock
- Use the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) program to book appointments, collect payment, etc.
- Provide preliminary testing on automated machines and record results electronically
- Interview patients to collect information regarding their visit, perform further preliminary testing (e.g. depth perception, colour vision) and recording the results electronically
- Ability to deliver exceptional customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to solve problems and collect / relay relevant information
- Must be able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Critical thinking skills and ability to learn new things
- Ability to work independently and within a team, effectively managing his or her own time
- Organizational, time management and communication (verbal, written, and listening) skills
- Ability to work with Electronic Medical Records and Microsoft Office
- Ability to type 50 wpm
- Valid Standard First Aid & CPR (Level C) is desired
- Possess a pleasant and professional demeanor
- Experience working with culturally diverse clientele and colleagues
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
We thank everyone who took the time to apply for this position; however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Salary: $17.00-$18.00 per hour