Full time position available in our dispensary. We currently employ 1 fulltime optician and 1 full time optometric assistant.
Office hours are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8:30-5:00. Wednesday 8:30-7:00. The office is closed on weekends.
We offer a benefit package and a great work / life balance.
New graduates are welcome to apply.
- Prepare, fit and dispense specialty eyewear as per specifications or prescription by optometrist
- Make repairs to spectacle frames as needed, such as replacing nose pads and frame screws
- Take measurements, fit, adjust & dispense eyeglasses
- Troubleshoot when patients are unable to adapt to their glasses or have other issues with their glasses and or vision
- Advise on use and care of contact lenses
- Assist patients in selecting eyeglasses by advising on lens materials, frames, tints and anti-reflection coating
- Operate frame heater, lensometer , pupilometer
- Handle insurance and related government documents and bill to 3rd party
- Registered Optician with the College of Opticians in Ontario
- Experience in an optical store or lab with optical dispensing experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be fluent in English with superior reading, writing and computer skills