We are looking for an optometric assistant/receptionist to join our team. The primary objective of the optometric assistant/receptionist is to be the welcoming agent for our clinic. To meet this role, the candidate should exhibit strong customer service, provide effective communication and be able to multi-task.
Tasks may include the following:
· Greeting patients, answering the phone, booking appointments, collecting relevant health information and communicating with clients, specialists, suppliers and other providers. Pre-testing and imaging patients, frame selection and ordering spectacles.
· Pre-testing and imaging patients prior to their exam with one of our optometrists
· Assisting in spectacle frame selection, selling, performing eyeglass adjustments and repairs, managing orders and providing instruction on contact lens insertion, removal and care practices
· Processing payments, producing insurance claims, filing and maintaining paper or electronic health records
· Creating, updating and maintaining content for our website and social media channels
Please note that responsibilities can change without notice, may be updated frequently and are not limited to the list above.
Experience in the optical industry (especially in sales and dispensing) is preferred but not essential.
If you feel you would be a great addition to our team, we look forward to hearing from you!